Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Google Site Maps Not Generating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

superdave144
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - August 05 2011 :  19:41:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the google site maps configured but no files are ending up in my exports directory. What am I missing? The settings are below.

xGSMExportDirectory

The default export directory for Google Site Map Generator XML File.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xGSMExportXMLFileName

The default XML File Name would be generated by Google Site Map Generator. It will be located at the directory that you specify in xGSMExportDirectory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xGSMFrequency

How frequently the page is likely to change. This value provides general information to search engines and may not correlate exactly to how often they crawl the page. Valid values are: always, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, never.

The value "always" should be used to describe documents that change each time they are accessed. The value "never" should be used to describe archived URLs.

Please note that the value of this tag is considered a hint and not a command. Even though search engine crawlers may consider this information when making decisions, they may crawl pages marked "hourly" less frequently than that, and they may crawl pages marked "yearly" more frequently than that. Crawlers may periodically crawl pages marked "never" so that they can handle unexpected changes to those pages.

xGSMIncludeAllBlog

YesNo

Yes to include all blog records to Google sitemap. It will override the individual record settings.

xGSMIncludeAllContent

YesNo

Yes to include all content records to Google sitemap. It will override the individual record settings.

xGSMIncludeAllNews

YesNo

Yes to include all news records to Google sitemap. It will override the individual record settings.

xGSMIncludeAllProduct

YesNo

Yes to include all product records to Google sitemap. It will override the individual record settings.

xGSMIncludeAllProductCategory

YesNo

Yes to include all product category records to Google sitemap. It will override the individual record settings.

xGSMPriority

The priority of this URL relative to other URLs on your site. Valid values range from 0.0 to 1.0. This value does not affect how your pages are compared to pages on other sites—it only lets the search engines know which pages you deem most important for the crawlers.

The default priority of a page is 0.5.

g3nnin
VP-CART Super User

209 Posts

Posted - August 08 2011 :  14:46:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I think you would also need to set "Include in Google Site Map" option into Yes in each product's record.

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

superdave144
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - August 10 2011 :  11:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I have some pages checked for that. Thanks though. It would be nice if VPASP would respond to this. Maybe it's because I have the plus version?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 11 2011 :  03:10:26  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

The SEO Toolkit is included as part of the Delxue pac.

If you have the Value or Plus you can purchase the Toolkit as an addon from:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/seotoolkit.htm

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: