Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 need help finding stylesheets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

accetnsbeads
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - July 30 2011 :  16:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very new to vpasp, trying to change the background color of all the boxes on the home page template. The forum postings say to change it in the shop.css stylesheets but I don't know how to locate this file. Is this edited in the vpasp cart backend under css manager? or is this done on the plesk server?? I have looked in the front css file in the vpasp cart backend but there are no files in it and under the other two (template css and front template) I do not see a style sheet folder. Can someone give very clear directions for an idiot who can seem to find the most basic file?
Thank you in advance.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 31 2011 :  02:10:11  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

What I do is to use a free FireFox add-on called Firebug.

This allows you to locate all of the CSS styles and classes very easily.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

accetnsbeads
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - August 01 2011 :  09:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Cam, I have the Firefox add on. I am not having trouble finding out what the css style is but rather where to go in the admin console to change the css. I want to change the color on the following elements: the background of the header, the footer and the grey boxes that display the catergories, products, mini cart etc. Where do these files live, do I change them through the css on the layout manager?
Go to Top of Page

magnumtools.com
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - August 01 2011 :  17:35:24  Show Profile  Visit magnumtools.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

You should be able to locate your .css files in the two following locations:

- ROOT/stylesheets
- ROOT/templates/default-2cols(or default-3cols depending on your shop settings for 2 or 3 column formatting)/css

Regards
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 02 2011 :  00:28:04  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can also log into the admin and go to Websites > Templates/CSS Manager.

In this section you can edit the CSS and templates directly.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)