Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Puerto Rico Shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  10:43:22  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've some to see an issue with offering all shipping methods to Puerto Rico.

USPS considers it a US State as far as shipping, so it must be an option there to work with USPS, but UPS and FEDEX require you to make this a COUNTRY option, not a state.

This obviously makes it confusing for customers in PR when checking out, as they can't see all shipping rates at once and can't easily fill out the shipping info.

Since I would like to be able to offer all my carriers to PR, is there anything that can be done to have UPS and FEDEX see this as a US State instead of a separate country as I would imagine changing anything with US Postal might be tougher if possible at all.

Currently I have it set as a State only as most people prefer the lesser expensive US postal rates.

Redco Audio
www.redco.com

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  00:31:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey chrisredco, i thought you should put a comment in your customer page when checking out telling tat puerto rico customer must select puerto rico state and choosing Us countries. wat you need to do next is putting a new state called puerto rico could be better tat your customer can select it and select the Us countries.

Diego M.
Go to Top of Page

Data0999
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - July 22 2011 :  00:41:01  Show Profile  Visit Data0999's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have the same problems with PR and Virgin Islands considered International by FedEx and Domestic by USPS. I'm hoping that a viable solution is provided. Just leaving our additional comments in case anybody has a solution.

Thanks,
Dave Layton
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 22 2011 :  01:32:09  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave,

The very latest USPS module has been updated for PR.

If there are issues with Virgin Islands still in the new module just post a ticket in the helpdesk and the support team will update it.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)