Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Apostrophe in Category Name
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Total1491
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  14:52:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am entering some categories and found I cannot use apostrophes when I first add a category (like Men's Chaps). I have to go back and edit to get the apostrophe in.
ERROR CODE RECEIVED:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.5.11]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Chaps', '2011-05-18', '2011-05-18')' at line 1

/xxxxxx/shopa_addcategory.asp, line 0

Edited by - Total1491 on May 18 2011 14:54:01

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  04:00:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what version of vpasp you are using buddy, and your version date ?. I dont think it is happen in the latest release of the vpasp 7.01.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

Total1491
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  16:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's 7.01.25 - Brand new!
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  00:14:05  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apologize for the issue with adding category in MYSQL db.

Here is the fixes :

Open file shopmysqlsubs.asp

1. Locate :

sqlo = "Insert into categories (catdescription,cdateadded,cdateupdated) Values('" & strcatdescription & "', " & DateDelimit(indatetime) & ", " & DateDelimit(indatetime) & ")"

Replace to :

sqlo = "Insert into categories (catdescription,cdateadded,cdateupdated) Values('" & tosql(strcatdescription,"Text") & "', " & DateDelimit(indatetime) & ", " & DateDelimit(indatetime) & ")"

2. Locate :

sqlo = "select max(categoryid) from categories where catdescription='" & strcatdescription & "'"

Replace to :

sqlo = "select max(categoryid) from categories where catdescription='" & tosql(strcatdescription,"Text") & "'"

Thank you.

VPASP ADMIN
Go to Top of Page

Total1491
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  17:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for the fix. I have changed the pages but haven't yet tested it as I had already put in the categories by leaving off the apostophe initially but then updating.
Go to Top of Page

magnumtools.com
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - July 16 2011 :  11:11:46  Show Profile  Visit magnumtools.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cam,

Would this same fix perhaps work for using a "+" in category titles? We would like to change from ampersands to plus signs but receive errors when doing so.

7.01 in seo dynamic
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 19 2011 :  01:09:37  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello there,

Could you please try this minor modification on the file shopseosubs2.asp and also /admin/shopa_generateseodynamicssubs.asp

1) Locate the following code :

strValue = Replace(strValue,"?","")

2) Add the code below right under the code above :

strValue = Replace(strValue,"+", "")

3) Save and close the files.

The + sign is a reserved character and thus can't be used on a URL. The code above will remove all occurrences of + on a URL. This should resolve the error.

If you are still having issues with this, please submit a ticket to our helpdesk and our support member will assist you.

Thank you.

Regards,
Frank
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00