Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 sub categories
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neatstuff
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 12 2011 :  22:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this doable on the Vpasp cart? I want to be able to sell multiple items on a single page. I don't want to use the features to add let say 6+ or 8+. I want them to order what they want
Let's say you have a pictures of a pitcher, water glasses and bowls.
The main item would be the pitcher and the sub categories would be the glasses and bowls. The customer doesn't want the pitcher, but does want the glasses.

Can I use the Sub Categories for this purpose? If so, how does it work?
Any help is appreciated.
Cliff
www.neatstuffgifts.com

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  04:19:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

for this type of layout I would be inclined to use the cross-selling feature in VPASP. It allows you to show related products from different categories on a single page.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

neatstuff
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  20:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply, Dean. I already use the related products. Have you or anyone in the forum use the "sub Category" feature of VPASP? If so, how does it work?
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  05:37:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
using sub product will allow a single purchase for your sub product without need to add in the parent.

I think that you should be able to read this from their usermanual.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  09:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi neatstuff,

I use sub categories throughout our site and there is no limit to the amount of sub categories you can set up. It is always best to start by setting out your category 'trees' on paper before creating them in the admin to avoid confusion when adding products later.
Taking your example of the pitcher, glasses and bowls. If you have 10 different pitchers with matching glasses and bowls and you want to sell them all separately then you would have a category tree like this.
MAIN category=Household Goods
SUB category=Water Sets (shows one image of your water sets group)
SUB Category=Design1, Design2, Design3 etc etc (shows one image for each different water set design)
Within each of the sub categories the customer will see and be able to order the pitcher, glasses and bowls from a particular design. As far as I am aware you cannot display a product on a category page where that category has sub categories. You can customise the sub category header to highlight a particular product from within that category if required, but all the products will have the same template display.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

neatstuff
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  21:19:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carrol,

Thanks for the explanation. I'll give it a try.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00