Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Edit Tables
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cps
VP-CART New User

South Africa
69 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  09:47:55  Show Profile  Visit cps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,
In VPASP 7.0 admin end, I need to move some columns around in the 'customers' table.
We know most of our customers by company name, so I need to move the company column and/or account number in front of first name. It just makes things easier when browsing through the pages of customers.
Can this be done somewhere? I have looked in Edit Tables and can't see how this can be done.

www.thecpswarehouse.co.za

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - May 11 2011 :  02:59:11  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You may have to try this a few times to get the hang of it.
from the Customers Table
Switch to advanced..
There will be 4 columns to sort
Pick some.
I dont know what the empty boxes are for.
The next row has a dropdown to display and to the right of that an SQL statemaent box that defaults to" SELECT * from customers order by contactid ASC" = sort Ascending according to whichever you choose first.

Say you choose Company / First Name / Last Name / City in the top 4 windows.
If you choose those values in the drop down BY USING CONTROL -->> CLICK FOR EACH VALUE and no more that is all that will show.
You can choose more vlaues, like ContactID and Work Phone and it will sort and parse those in ASC order as well.
and of course you could have chosen Display 100 Records at the top

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738

Edited by - ironhawker on May 11 2011 03:37:56
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: