Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Body Main Content Image
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cps
VP-CART New User

South Africa
69 Posts

Posted - April 28 2011 :  09:35:20  Show Profile  Visit cps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In 7.0, how does one change the image resizing for the image uploaded to this content?
It seems the image quality drops drastically when I upload an image via the Layout Manager Editor. No matter how big or small, jpg or gif, the quality doesn't look great.
I need to be able to specify how big I want the image because at the moment, it looks like the image is being "stretched" to fit a this space. I don't really want the image to be big in any case.

www.thecpswarehouse.co.za

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  02:15:55  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Which Image? these both look fine
/images/banner-koleda.jpg 250x334
/images/logo-header.gif 720x129
Usually after you upload the image VPAsp will set some image dimensions that you can edit later.
If it is product images they are controlled in the templates

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

cps
VP-CART New User

South Africa
69 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  10:14:26  Show Profile  Visit cps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Randy,
It is the banner-koleda.jpg. The image needs to be smaller and it seems no matter what size I make it, it keeps enlarging it to fit when I upload it. I cannot find in which code I need to specify the dimensions the image actually it needs to be.
It's not too serious though, I have in the meantime found a way around it. Instead of uploading the image via the Layout Manager Editor, I have just inserted the image using html code. At least this way I can specify the dimensions the image needs to be.
Thanks again!

www.thecpswarehouse.co.za
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - May 11 2011 :  03:46:18  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
templates/default-Xcols/tmp_default.htm
and for other pages
tmp_content.htm

Then in the templates/default-Xcols//CSS/layout.CSS find and change to
.main-content .image{
float:right;
/*width:250px;*/
margin: 20px 5px 0;

This will allow your image to be the size it is supposed to be...
although when only one paramater like width is chosen the height will adjust automatically.

or you could put full vlaues in here..

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000