Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Applying SP1 to VPASP 7.0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

havanajoe26
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - April 25 2011 :  20:27:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to apply SP1 to my 7.0 Deluxe site. I'm starting from scratch only dealing with an un-customised site and just adding on the SP1.

My version date was from Jan 6th, 2010 - "2010/01/06". I followed the instructions step by step and things do not look right. step 10H says "Do not overwrite the sub folders, but simply copy all files in each sub folders into target sub folders."

Do i copy files over from every single folder from SP1 to the matching site on my 7.0 folder or just the files from the root and admin folders?

If i do every folder then the site is not as wide as the demo site and the javascript looks weird.

Any body tried manually applying the SP1?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 25 2011 :  21:51:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

In the SP1 Guide there is a further explaination below the screenshot image which says :

"Simply copy the files from each sub folders to the target of sub folders. Avoid overwriting folder, but just need to overwriting the files."

Basically, you need to copy each files in root, sub folders into your site root and sub folders. Avoid a folder replacement, but just copy files inside root / each sub folder to your site's root / sub folders.

Hope this helps!

Thank you.
Wilson

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

havanajoe26
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - April 25 2011 :  22:45:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, so i copy all files inside these folders correct?

root
root/admin
root/captcha,
root/config
root/fusioncharts
root/help
root/images
root/js
root/stylesheets
root/templates

What about folders inside the sub folders. example dmin has editor, fusioncharts, help, images, js, seotemplates, sqlscripts, stylesheets folders. do i go as deep into each folder structure and copy all folder over as well? Even if the folder doesn't exist?
Go to Top of Page

havanajoe26
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - April 28 2011 :  02:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, so i started the process from scratch again.

I uploaded my default 7.0 files as it came when I first got it back in Jan 2010. I went through the install process, The cart and admin work fine..

I begin the process to manually apply the sp1 upgrade pac, and i carefully follow each step exactly.

At step 15 when i try to login, I get 500 internal server error. I can however perform steps 16 and 17. When I try logging in again, I get the 500 internal server error page.

Any Ideas?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00