Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 6.5 - being hammered with REVIEW apam
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - April 18 2011 :  09:00:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
constantly , hourly being hammered with REVIEW spam , its driving me to DISTRACTION !!

Removed all links for reviews on product pages but they must have the link stored or something

please advise what steps i can take to completly remove ability to view and add reviews

paul

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 18 2011 :  09:08:13  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello there,

Have you tried disabling xallowRatingProducts on the admin ?

Please also make sure that xprotectemailforms is enabled as this will add CAPTCHA verification and will make things a bit more difficult to spam.

If you are still experiencing issues, please submit a ticket to our helpdesk at https://helpdesk.vpasp.com and our support member will assist you.

Thank you.

Regards,
Frank
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  08:41:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for those ideas , but both are set to YES and also review pages are not visable , ive delted the code on the product pages , so somehow they have direct access to review page or something ???????????

i dont have any support points to be able to contact support

any further ideas how i can stop this spam , through my non visable reviews
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  03:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The spammers my be going direct to the review page.

If you know a site is using VP and you know the formating of the pages then you can go directly to the review page.

Do you have any rewriting capabilities? If you do then you could redirect all review pages to your home page (or the equivalent product page).

Alternatively open up the review write file and change a few things (make a back up first) so that the page is unusable. Or even just rename it.

Hope this helps.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  16:23:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks steve , somtimes i need a kick up the jacksay ... took me ten minutes to rename all the relevent ...lets see if that cuts it out or if its something more sinister !

thnaks

paul
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00