Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 catmemo in shopdisplayproducts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - April 04 2011 :  18:09:20  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have seen answers to this with regards to other versions of VPASP - I'm currently running 7.0.

Is there a way to add catmemo to shopdisplayproducts using templates? I am attempting to display the category title, followed by the category description (memo), followed by the products.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - April 07 2011 :  20:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if im not wrong it is using tmp_productformat.htm template. and you should open that template and insert the [catmemo] into template.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - April 08 2011 :  04:29:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tmp_productformat.htm only calls fields from the products table not the categories.

Not sure if things are still the same in v7, but the catmemo is used on shopdisplaycategories (tmp_categorytemplate.htm) and not shopdisplayproducts.

I use the Cat Extra field for category header templates. Here is an example
http://www.deanston-electrical.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=598

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - April 11 2011 :  22:38:30  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for a way to insert the info from catmemo to the head of each products page. At the moment, when someone clicks on a category, they are taken to a list of products. I want the category info at the top of that list of products. If I recall correctly, catextra can be used, but has to be coded for every single page.

I ended up hardcoding catmemo into the pages, which is what I did in previous versions. Looking at the coding, it is beyond what I can typically come up with on my own, so I'm thinking that either support or BYZ helped me with this. There is no annotation in my code as to who actually did the coding.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - April 12 2011 :  06:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just put the info from catmemo into a new template, save it and put the name of the new template into Cat Extra. You can then use this template for as many category headers as you need.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00