Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Hide pricing of products in a specific category
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

meldrape
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - March 31 2011 :  22:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, i would like to hide the prices of items in a certain category, just changing the font to white would work so it doesn't display in the category page or the individual product page. i can't seem to find where to do this. if somebody could please point me to the correct file(s) i would appreciate it. Thank you.

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - April 07 2011 :  21:03:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check the template file tmp_product.htm and tmp_productformat.htm and remove any lines that have : [formatcustomerprice cprice]
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - April 08 2011 :  04:10:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you do what diegomilito suggested you will lose the price on all your products in all categories and extended descriptions.

The best way to hide the prices in a specific category is to make a copy of tmp_productformat.htm and give it an appropriate name eg tmp_productformatCat42.htm. Remove the code [formatcustomerprice cprice] from this new template only. Go to your category record in Admin and add the name of this new template to the Template file field. Save the record.
Do the same with tmp_product.htm. Make a copy eg tmp_productCat42.htm and remove the cprice code. For each product record in this category you will need to add the name of the new template to the template file field.
We use templates for exactly this purpose and it's a great way of customising category displays.
Any problems, just shout.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00