Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 default shipping [solved]
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

[email protected]
VP-CART New User

149 Posts

Posted - March 25 2011 :  12:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
When a customer goes to checkout and either logs in or signs up, the shipping portion shows up with the default method listed as "Select"

But if they copy details to shipping or put in their postal/zip code or country...the ajax shipping recalculates and the default option changes over to "pick up" (one of our shipping options)

Ideally, I'd like it to always default at "Select" even when the ajax refreshes because customers are not noticing the shipping option and we find ourselves having to call back a lot of customers and saying "are you sure you wanted 'pick up'?"

By always defaulting to Select, it helps us validate that the customer did indeed take the time to select the option they wanted.

Is there a setting I can change or a file I can alter to make it always default to select?

Thanks for your help :)

Dustin

Edited by - [email protected] on March 25 2011 17:29:22

[email protected]
VP-CART New User

149 Posts

Posted - March 25 2011 :  17:09:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found a fix though not the best option and might mess up anyone using default shipping options but this solution worked for me.

In shopajaxshippingsubs.asp

I looked for
If tempcurrentvalue= tempcomparevalue or currentvalue = cleanchars(iFieldnames(i)) then
HtmlWrite "<option value=""" & ifieldnames(i) & """ selected=""selected"">" & iFieldnames(i) & "</option>" & vbcrlf
else
HtmlWrite "<option value=""" & ifieldnames(i) & """>" & ifieldnames(i) & "</option>" & vbcrlf
end if
end if

and changed it to

If tempcurrentvalue= tempcomparevalue or currentvalue = cleanchars(iFieldnames(i)) then
HtmlWrite "<option value=""" & ifieldnames(i) & """>" & iFieldnames(i) & "</option>" & vbcrlf
else
HtmlWrite "<option value=""" & ifieldnames(i) & """>" & ifieldnames(i) & "</option>" & vbcrlf
end if
end if

It's probably not a recommended solution but it fit what i needed it to do.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00