Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Canada Post won''t support objects above 30 pounds
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FCS-Webmaster
VP-CART New User

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - March 17 2011 :  17:40:02  Show Profile  Visit FCS-Webmaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Canada Post has a weight limit of 70 pounds, yet the VPASP shipping calculator has a weight limit of 30 pounds. To see what I mean try placing an order for this item which weighs over 30 pounds.
http://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=94993

This has been a problem since version 4.0 and I thought that the shipping calculator in version 7.0 would have solved this problem. This is a problem in that heavy things either have to be weighed manually or we have to take a loss on the shipping for the product.

I contacted Canada Post about this problem a few years ago with the version 5.5 of VPASP and they claimed that it had nothing to do with there software and that it was a problem with VPASP.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 21 2011 :  02:18:58  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello there,

As far as we know, we do not put a weight limit control on our Canada Post module.

You may want to submit a ticket to our helpdesk so that we can clarify if the proper weight has been submitted to Canada Post.

Thank you.

Regards,
Frank
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00