Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Bulk update not available for Category
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - March 16 2011 :  11:52:53  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm using Advanced View for bulk updating products. I need to put about 500 products into a variety of 40 different sub-categories, but I see that the ccategory field is not updateable in Bulk Update.

I have the BYZ Bulk Updater, but being that I have all my products loaded under 1 main category now and need to sort these into all the sub-categories, the process of doing this with the BYZ updater seems very daunting because of all the different updates this would entail.

I was hoping to list all the prodcuts in the VPASP Bulk Updater and just type in all the sub-category numbers in a list and update them 20 at a time or so, but this doesn't look possible.

Any thoughts?

Redco Audio
www.redco.com

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - March 16 2011 :  12:18:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

in the Bulk Update use the level3 field to store your category numbers with your main category as the first number separated by commas.
eg. 6,176,698
Then save the records and run the file convertproducts.asp. You will need to upload this file to your server because it should have been removed when your site went live (unless you have secured a copy on the server) When complete, remove the file.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - March 16 2011 :  14:50:28  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is this level3 field?

Just to be clear, If I have a product that has a Main Category of 5, then a sub category of 20, and then a final sub category of 50 where the product finally resides, I should populate the level3 field as so:

Then run convertproducts and the product will show up in category 50 under both higher category numbers listed ahead of it?

I wasn't aware of this functionality.

Redco Audio
www.redco.com
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - March 16 2011 :  16:44:56  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say I see this now mentioned in the User Manual and have been using it today and it works perfectly!

Thanks for the heads up!

Redco Audio
www.redco.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00