Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 How do I add products to a Bundle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karl1030
Starting Member

New Zealand
4 Posts

Posted - February 05 2011 :  15:00:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone please explain how to add products to a product bundle. I cannot find an example of how to do this anywhere.
Specifically, I am wanting to create a bundle of Downloadable products.

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - February 06 2011 :  07:33:49  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
VPAsp will accomidate about 2,000 products per upload to an
SQL database provided the important fields are propigated correctly.
You can create in a database program like Excell and export to a CSV file, then Upload with the VPAsp utilities, BYZ databse utilities, or your webhost sometimes has the proper utilities. More than 2,000 per upload and VPAsp bogs down, so you need to partition the list.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

Karl1030
Starting Member

New Zealand
4 Posts

Posted - February 06 2011 :  14:11:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I appreciate the info. However, my question is about creating products that are of Type Bundled.

I can create a product a product that is Type Bundled, but I cannot work out or find any info on how to then add the sub products that are purchased with the Product Bundle. According to the User Guide
Product Bundle offers ability to create a bundled product out of several other products. (p12)
On page 66 and 67 there is an example of how to Add a Bundle, however there is then no reference on how to add Products to the Bundle. In the section on 7.2.2 Adding A Product, I can find no reference other than setting the Product Type.

So far I have created a Product that is of Type Bundled. Now I want to add a number of other products to that Product (of type Bundled) that are of Type Download.
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - February 06 2011 :  14:45:42  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
4.16.18.1 Adding a product bundle
The add product bundle form is basically the same like in the common product form. The different is in the product bundle form, the #8213;Product Type#8214; dropdown field is automatically selected to Bundled. And in the product bundle form, the #8213;Stock field is removed.

Product Type
To record "Product Type", which is automatically selected Bundled.
Bundle : CatalogID & Qty
The series of CatalogID and Qty of bundle in separated commas format.
Eg. 1[1],2[3] means 1 Quantity of Product CatalogID 1 and 3 Quantities of Product CatalogID 2.
These two fields above need to be filled for a bundle in the adding product bundle form. The rest of the fields will be exactly the same definition as in the common product form that you can reference to the sub chapter Adding a product on page.156
I tried the add a reecord and the stock control was still there, so it makes me think this is in need of development. Open a help ticket and let us know what happened please.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)