Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 background color on shopcustomer form
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - January 18 2011 :  21:27:49  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm having problems finding where to define the background color for the text fields on the forms on shopcustomer.asp.

I have the content background as a yellow color, the form itself is a paler yellow. However, some fields are white, some are the pale yellow, and for the life of me I can't figure out where to define them.

Anybody have any suggestions?

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - January 19 2011 :  04:04:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lori,

this info is usually defined in the css files.

.txtfield{
background-color: #FFFFFF;

.txtfielddropdown{
background-color: #FFFFFF;

I'm still on v6.5 but I would imagine that it's similar in v7.0

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - January 19 2011 :  13:50:34  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Both textfield and textfielddropdown are set at #ffffff in shop700, so that isn't the problem.

If you start the checkout process, you will see the issue at the screen where you enter customer information.

This was a problem for me in 6.5 as well, but since I'm in the middle of tweaking, I'm hoping to tackle it now.

Go to Top of Page

Doug Page
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - January 19 2011 :  18:04:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought this might be helpful info as I have seen many comments like this.

Get a free download called "Color Cop" at http://colorcop.net/ . This program will let you find out what the color is that you are looking for on a page so that you can search through the CSS file.

The other hint is to use Firefox with Firebug. Point at the color, right click, choose "Inspect Element" and the CSS file will be shown with the appropriate line. THIS TOOL SAVES HOURS OF SEARCHING!!!!! Must have for anyone doing even modest amounts of web work.

Edited by - Doug Page on January 19 2011 18:05:30
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - January 20 2011 :  06:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lori I've had a look at the site and all text fields on the customer form are white. Which browser are you using?

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - January 31 2011 :  16:55:37  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am using IE8.

Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 01 2011 :  08:48:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With IE8 this is likely to be Google Toolbar Autofill. This will highlight the possible auto fill fields with pale yellow.
Here's some info:
http://www.google.com/support/toolbar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=47972
Try disabling it and see if it changes your form fields.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

Promyntheus
Starting Member

USA
49 Posts

Posted - February 02 2011 :  01:00:05  Show Profile  Visit Promyntheus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Page

Thought this might be helpful info as I have seen many comments like this.

Get a free download called "Color Cop" at http://colorcop.net/ . This program will let you find out what the color is that you are looking for on a page so that you can search through the CSS file.

The other hint is to use Firefox with Firebug. Point at the color, right click, choose "Inspect Element" and the CSS file will be shown with the appropriate line. THIS TOOL SAVES HOURS OF SEARCHING!!!!! Must have for anyone doing even modest amounts of web work.

WOW Thanks for the suggestion on Firebug for Firefox! Talk about a time saver and headache reducer!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00