Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 How is this done
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Terry
Starting Member

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - March 19 2003 :  23:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
www.posh.com.au/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=17&cat=Food
Instead of button or wording saying "click to see more", the product name itself is the link to the extended information. Very clean looking. Is it easily done?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 20 2003 :  02:26:32  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is done using our product formatting with templates.Simply create the HTML you want based on tmp_productthumbnail.htm as an example

Set in Shop Configuration
xproductcolumns=4
To get 4 products in a row
xproductdisplaytemplate=tmp_productthumbnail.htm

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

GTM
VP-CART New User

USA
122 Posts

Posted - March 23 2003 :  21:55:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your refering to get rid of the click to see more this can be done by editing the shop$language_english.asp file and change:
LangProductClick="click to see more"

to
LangProductClick=""

Greg

Go to Top of Page

ScottT
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - April 07 2003 :  12:28:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to have product features with this format? I would like to have the extended page, but with multiple feature options for the product.

Thanks

Edited by - ScottT on April 07 2003 12:29:52
Go to Top of Page

jmccann
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - April 09 2003 :  17:03:06  Show Profile  Visit jmccann's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've just downloaded the evaluation today and have been playing with the sofware. I came into forum to check it out. I followed this thread to get some ideas and visited this "posh" site. I am impressed with the front page and how it is laid out. Is there dcumentation publshed that advises how to set a page up to look like this?
If not, does anyone have any tips for me?

regards,

jim mccann

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 09 2003 :  17:14:05  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From what I can see his home page is hand created but all the hyperlinks on it go to standard VP-ASP product display functions.

The standard product display page(shopdisplayproducts.asp) is our normal template based product displays using our supplied thumbnail template. The shop by price again is just linking to supplied VP-ASP files (shopquery.asp).

The navigation is just a replacement of two VP-ASP files. Shoppage_header.htm and shoppage_trailer.htm

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - April 21 2003 :  15:44:55  Show Profile  Visit johnrobinson@grahamcrackers.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GTM
Starting Member
If your refering to get rid of the click to see more this can be done by editing the shop$language_english.asp file and change:
LangProductClick="click to see more"

to
LangProductClick=""

Greg

What that would seem to do is make the IMAGE the default link now to get more info, whereas POSH has made it so both the item title & image are both links to the "click to see more" (extended description page). How is this accomplished?

thanks

--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackers.com

--John Robinson
http://www.GrahamCrackers.com
Go to Top of Page

GTM
VP-CART New User

USA
122 Posts

Posted - April 22 2003 :  03:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

In your tmp_productformat.htm template you would need to make the cname line a hyperlink.
So you would change:
[cname]
to
<a href="shopexd.asp?id=[catalogid]">[cname]</a>

Greg

Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - April 22 2003 :  18:55:58  Show Profile  Visit johnrobinson@grahamcrackers.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Greg -
Tried the above with no luck. Triple checked my typing and no problems there. Titles still remain linkless. Fixing LangProductClick worked perfectly for the image, but I can't seem to make the item name into a link.

thanks

--John Robinson
Go to Top of Page

[email protected]
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - April 22 2003 :  19:46:25  Show Profile  Visit johnrobinson@grahamcrackers.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Figured it out. My xproductwithhtml was set for NO. Will try and tweak this the next few days!
Thanks for your help!

--John Robinson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00