Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Logo CSS error in IE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrmcgroovy
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - December 29 2010 :  04:34:58  Show Profile  Visit mrmcgroovy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When testing my site in IE8, the logo div doesn't float left, but instead drops below the "Header Top Right Container", as seen here:
http://208.116.50.200/default.asp

No problems in Firefox.

However, when I disable the "Header Top Right Container" in Layout Manager, the Logo looks fine in IE8.

Is there a simple change in css that will fix the logo float in IE8?

mrmcgroovy
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - January 04 2011 :  16:53:03  Show Profile  Visit mrmcgroovy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay...so I fixed this, but the fix was really, really bizarre.

Essentially, I went back to the default template that I started with, and made sure that it worked properly and it did. I then did a compare for every file for every single change that I made. There really can't be that many possibilities to cause this, so it wasn't that bad, and I used the compare plugin in Notepad++ so it was fairly easy.

To make a long, long story short, the problem was with the shoppage_header.htm file. It would work fine in the default template, but not my custom template. But here's the bizarre part...the files were identical. Notepad++ said the files were identical, and I went through them line by line and confirmed they were. When I uploaded the restored shoppage_header.htm file from the default template to my custom template...it worked.

Now, I know what your thinking, because it left me scratching my head as well. I am not crazy. No, there was not some minor syntax difference. I have no idea what could have caused this. I played around with it a while, and if I copied identical lines from my original custom template file, and pasted them into the identical line of the restored default template file, it would break it. Again, Notepad++ compare function said the files matched.

I don't expect anyone to know the reason for this, I'm just recording it for posterity. If you have problems with the layout of the logo in IE, try restoring the shoppage_header.htm file even though the files are identical.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 04 2011 :  17:47:18  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

As a strange test can you try saving your file in UTF-8 format and see if this works?

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)