Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Error with bulk update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trial_and_Error
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - December 27 2010 :  14:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

When I try to do a bulk update of some fields in the products table, including the cprice field, I receive an error "An error occurred on the server when processing the URL".

The probable reason for this the format of the price. When I show the records of interest, The cprice shows up with a comma. This exactly what I want. But when I try to update keeping the comma in the cprice field, it returns the above mentionned error. If I would change the comma into a point, then the update would be accepted. But it would take too much time to replace the commas with a point in all records before I can perform an bulk update.

I looked at the code in shopa_editdisplaybulk.asp but I do not see directly where I could adapt the code to correct this. I use xconverteuropeannumbers = yes and my lcid is 2037.

Any hints would be welcome.

Best regards,
Trial_and_Error

manilow
VP-CART New User

France
134 Posts

Posted - January 16 2011 :  05:53:24  Show Profile  Visit manilow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I've met the same problem in my administration section. It took me quite a while to find out where the problem came from and how to fix this.
In short, it's all about "comma's and dots". Fields containing a value with a comma, cannot be updated through a SQL string, which is currently the case in the shopa_editdisplaybulk.asp file. I've modified some sub routines like handleNumericFields to get it right. Other files, especially in the admin section are concerned as well.
You may also need to modify some field settings in the database. For example, price2 and price3 were set as text fields instead of currency. Reading the values from the database, may lead to some trouble as well.
I'll send a message about this to VPASP in order to ask them to modify this in the original code.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00