Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 How to change order of links in "Information"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrmcgroovy
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - December 06 2010 :  20:55:10  Show Profile  Visit mrmcgroovy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmm... I can't figure out how to change the order of the links that are displayed in the "Information" content category. Mine are displayed alphabetically, so maybe the option is not built in. The User Manual only addresses how to change the name of the content category, and the page editor allows a page to be added or removed, but is there a way to change the display order?

Also, I want to add a link to the "Tell a Friend" to this content category. How is this accomplished?

Edited by - mrmcgroovy on December 06 2010 21:15:06

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - December 15 2010 :  03:13:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Open shopcms.asp, locate :

strsql="select distinct content.messagetype,content.contentid,content.nurllink,content.cdateadded,content.cNewsStartDate,content.cNewsEndDate from content left outer join concatcategories on content.contentid = concatcategories.intcatalogid"

Change to :

strsql="select distinct content.other1,content.messagetype,content.contentid,content.nurllink,content.cdateadded,content.cNewsStartDate,content.cNewsEndDate from content left outer join concatcategories on content.contentid = concatcategories.intcatalogid"

Then also :

strsql = strsql & " ORDER BY content.messagetype"

to change to :

strsql = strsql & " ORDER BY content.other1"

This give you ability to control the ordering by using other1 field from content field. Set the order sequence by put numbering in other1 field.

Then see the result.

Diego
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00