Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 How do I reuse a customized copy of VPASP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnCT
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - November 30 2010 :  17:17:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I recently purchased VPASP 7.0 and had a professional developer do some work on it to change the look and feel. Now I want to use the customized copy for a second domain that I own. From what I read on this page, (http://vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_howmany.htm), I can use one VPASP license on up to five domains as long as I am a small merchant and the sole owner of the domains, right? I want to make minor additional changes to the customized copy so it looks different (e.g. change the shop colors and of course logo). I do not wish to have the professional developer do the work because of costs. Instead, I will be doing the work myself.

Can someone please tell me how best to approach this?

Thank you

JohnCT

Edited by - JohnCT on November 30 2010 21:44:09

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - December 06 2010 :  07:58:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your question is quite wide ranging , changing colours is typically easy , moving thigs about a bit harder etc ... all your ansers are in the manuals , lay aside a day and read carefully , highlight the things you think you will need as you go through and it will make it easier as you start the work.

i have multiple shops running off one database like you plan , it works flawlessly , but i did have help setting it up initially

Investing time in the manuals will not go wrong, either now or in the future
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - December 15 2010 :  03:18:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is quite easy, to setup design for second site from a customised site, you just need to make changes on the templates folder. Like as if the template is using default-2cols, then you just modify the templates and css files inside the default-2cols folder and its sub folder css.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00