Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Custom Shipping Calculation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bardentech
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - November 21 2010 :  11:00:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a store that does shipping to US, and other parts of the world. I have 3 shipping methods (US - $7, Canada $28 and International $34). I want to implement Free Shipping to US Only when the order is above $50. I have read the forums and it appears no one has been able to accomplish this without modifying the code:

I'm on 6.5.

Can this be done with 6.5 as is ? If not, what function do I need to modify to make this happen? Shipping is quite complicated and I've followed the code through several asp pages and can't find one location to do this.

My thought is that whereeve the code populates the ship cost, I will modify the code to basically look at the ship method and order amount and where ship method = 1 and orderamount >= 50 then adjust the shipcost to 0.

williamj
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - November 21 2010 :  22:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you'll have to modify the HandleFreeShipping sub in shopshippingcalc.asp.
at around line 715 you'll see this line:
If productcost>=shipcost then
under that line insert this code:
If Request.Form("shipCountry") <> "US" then
exit sub
end if
Don't forget insert 50 into the xfreeshipping field in the setup/shipping section of admin.
Go to Top of Page

bardentech
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - November 26 2010 :  15:45:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. That did seem to work, but I have another issue now that's poping up with it.

Every few customers that are supposed to have free shipping are being charged shipping. We have it set to $50 or greater to get the free shipping. THe only thing I can guess that's causing it is that someone puts stuff in their cart and proceeds to checkout and just before processing the credit card, they go back and add more going over the $50 minimun. Since the order has already created records in the database by then, I'm thinking the shipcost isn't set back to 0.00.

The best thing to do is to check the shipcost field in the database and set it back to 0 if it's a US order and over $50. I'm not sure where to do that however in the code.

Thanks,
John
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00