Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Dupliacte site as Catalog only
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - November 17 2010 :  09:49:33  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to have a CD of our site to send to customers who need product info, yet are only on dial-up in remote export regions. I have found a great software to download the site, convert all files to html & make it ready to burn to a CD http://www.inspyder.com/products/Web2Disk/Default.aspx .

As many of the features will not work in an off-line version I have excluded many files from the download and will have to edit some of the resultant html files.

It would be even better for me if I could have a catalog only site in a sub-domain, running from the same database as the main site to get rid of the ordering functions, to download for the CD version.

Would this be fairly easy for someone who does most things by trial & error? Is there anyone out there with the patience to tell me how to achieve this?

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - November 27 2010 :  03:52:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, maybe you can use the Generate Static page feature to generate all the categories and products pages. Usually it is stored in "html" folder if you generate it.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - November 30 2010 :  04:07:42  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by diegomilito

Well, maybe you can use the Generate Static page feature to generate all the categories and products pages. Usually it is stored in "html" folder if you generate it.

Diego.

Thanks Diego, I've never used the static page generator but I presume it does rather the same as my software so it will still have links like 'ask a question' and 'add to cart' that won't work offline.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00