Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Stock control
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Andy
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - March 14 2003 :  18:35:36  Show Profile  Visit Andy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In general I do not enter the number of products in stock becuase I use a virtual inventory. But, in some cases of Promotion/Liquidations I would like to enter something like 5 and have the stock control function and message kick in. In order to use stock control does every product have to have figure in the stock field?

Thanks!

williamj
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - March 14 2003 :  20:33:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got around this by adding a high in-stock number for all of my items, for example 99,999. I used an update query to set the artificial stock level. You can then change your stock level manually for your liquidation items.

Go to Top of Page

Andy
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - March 16 2003 :  06:13:05  Show Profile  Visit Andy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Not sure what an update query is but assume that is something you do either within the carts query or directly within the database. Is it possible to give me this clue. If a mass update like this is possible, than this is a valuable tool. Appreciate this...
Andy

quote:

I got around this by adding a high in-stock number for all of my items, for example 99,999. I used an update query to set the artificial stock level. You can then change your stock level manually for your liquidation items.

Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - March 16 2003 :  10:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Explained in the Options guide section 18.2.

Go to Top of Page

Andy
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - March 17 2003 :  13:57:22  Show Profile  Visit Andy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Superal,

I did see this and went through it but it looks like I can only change those that appear on a a page of products at a time. If I wanted to give all items a 99,999 stoxk level (except for 4 products) for example, would it just be easier to do it in the database or can it be done through an update query or this bulk update page?
Thanks

quote:

Explained in the Options guide section 18.2.

Go to Top of Page

williamj
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - March 17 2003 :  18:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The fastest way to do this is via a mass update in the database. If you are using the Access database you will need Microsoft Access on your computer to open the shopping database. You can then use a simple update query to change all values in the cstock field of the product table to 99,999. You can also make the changes with an SQL database but it is a little more complicated.

Be careful. You can't undo changes to the database made by an update query. Make sure you have a backup copy of the database before you make any changes.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00