Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Shopping cartnot displaying after installation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnCT
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - October 03 2010 :  00:21:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have just set-up my shopping cart. At the end of the installation, it asks me to "click here to see the cart". When I do, the page is all mangled. There are no graphics. There are a lot of white spaces and blue hyperlinks that shifted the page contents to the left side of the page. However, the admin page works fine. Here the link to my site - http://www.homesurveillanceshop.com/

Can anyone let me know if there are any known issues with this? This is the second time I am having to go through the installation process. The first time, my hosting company thought I might be missing some files. Not knowing which files could be missing, I had to deleted all files and start all over again. Yet the problem still persists.

I'd appreciate any kind help.

JohnCT

Edited by - JohnCT on October 03 2010 08:08:39

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - October 03 2010 :  14:02:22  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did you upload every file that came with the install package to your server? There wasn't anything you neglected to upload?
Go to Top of Page

JohnCT
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - October 03 2010 :  17:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes every file and folder was uploaded and there were no errors encountered. And all installation tests received a pass mark. I should mention that the admin back end works fine.

I've been on the phone with my web hosting company and they are telling me that some files were not uploaded. However, the FTP software I used says that the uploading was successful 100%. I'm wondering if there were missing files from the zip folder VPASP sent me.

I may have to ask them to send me another zipped folder so I can try uploading again.

JohnCT
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 03 2010 :  18:43:31  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

Did you upload the Update Pac or the actual main software itself?

The Update Pac has a fully functioning admin but the main shop folder only has the updated files included which could explain what has happened here.

If so you need to upload the core software pac and then apply the update pac to this.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

JohnCT
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - October 05 2010 :  02:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'm all set.

The only problem I keep encountering is when I click on the contact page. I get a pop-up that says "This website needs a Google Maps API key. A new key can be generated at http://code.google.com/apis/maps/. When I click on the first pop-up, a second pop-up says "Sorry, the Google Map API is not compatible with this browser.

I've tried browsing the site on both internet Explorer and Firefox and I continue to encounter the error messages.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thank you

JohnCT
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 05 2010 :  22:27:08  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

Please go to the following URL and generate your own Google map key.

You can then go back and enter the relevant details into the VPASP admin by going to:

Advanced Settings > Cart Set-UP > Google Map

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
Go to Top of Page

JohnCT
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - October 06 2010 :  00:02:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cam. I turned it off instead. I really didn't need a map.

Thanks again.

JohnCT

Edited by - JohnCT on October 06 2010 00:04:08
Go to Top of Page

JohnCT
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - October 06 2010 :  15:11:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to know the quickest way to update 7.0 with SP1 patch? I have read through the manuals and found it a bit windy. My case should be a bit simple because I haven't made any customizations. I don't mind going through re-installation again. I've already done it twice and will tolerate one more. I have backed up the copy on the server in case there is a problem.

I guess my question is can I substitute the original software package for SP1 and just go through re-installation? Are there missing files in SP1 that are in the original software? I noticed that SP1 is missing the Access MDB folder and file. If that is all, I can copy the MDB folder over to SP1, right?

I'd greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thank you

JohnCT
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - October 06 2010 :  18:00:26  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i believe in order to install the SP1, you need to already have the main install done, as it is not a complete replacement of all files. I'm fairly sure there are many files in the main install NOT included in SP1. SP1 should only have files that were changed, not ALL files in the original install.

If you haven't made any changes in the main install, the hassle should be rather minimal, but I still advise downloading Winmerge (free) to compare the files in SP1 with the original just in case.

I have a rather involved process with my SP1 coming up as I have made MANY changes to the originals.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 06 2010 :  18:10:29  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are using a nearly fresh copy I would probably recommend just downloading the full package as this would be the quickest and easiest option.

If within license period you can use the upgrade page to download the full version.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
Go to Top of Page

JohnCT
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - October 08 2010 :  16:52:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I purchased my copy of VPASP 7.0 on Sept. 28, 2010. Cam, I saw your announcement for the release of SP1 dated Oct. 3, 2010. Does that mean my copy is current and doesn't need any upgrades or the SP1 or do I still need it (i.e the SP1)?

Thank you

JohnCT
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 08 2010 :  23:38:38  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

I would download the latest version from our site and use this to build your site.

The versions pre going live did not have all fixes applied.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
Go to Top of Page

JohnCT
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - October 09 2010 :  02:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you.

JohnCT