Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 No larger image view? Really?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mjsauer
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - September 12 2010 :  16:09:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am almost done with my client's project to now come to the apparent realization that this product does not have a larger image view. That is just hard to believe. I HAVE to be missing something. I mean, every cart pretty much does this.

I can easily do this by coding it by hand, but the out-of-the-box template is already using a JavaScript image swapping functionality. So, I am not sure how to implement a simple JQuery lightbox when it does this.

Is there an easy way to override the way the images are laid out in the tmp_product.htm template? I want to iterate through the images specified in the product table and then render code for lightbox thumbnails.

Thanks.

Edited by - mjsauer on September 12 2010 19:40:54

mjsauer
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - September 12 2010 :  19:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK. I figured out a workaround. I created another image rendering function that can be called from the tmp_product.htm template. This completely replaces the image swapping functionality. I used the image swapping code as a starting point and replaced it with some code that instead uses one of the many jQuery lightbox plugins out there. The only down-side is there is no existing functionality in vp-asp for thumbnail versions of all extra images. So, you have to force an image height and/or width to create pseudo thumbnails, and then your lightbox popup is the same image. So, not as efficient as I'd like, but it does work.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 12 2010 :  20:59:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the upcoming service pac we have included the ability to display 5 thumbnails and have these swap when you click on them with the main image.

Then, when you click on the main image it will bring up a larger image or if you simply mouse over it you will see a close up of the section you are viewing.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp

Go to Top of Page

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - September 13 2010 :  18:12:12  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam, You have been talking about this service pack for a while now. Any timetable of when it will be available other than in beta form?

Thanks,
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 13 2010 :  20:49:01  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa,

We have a beta release ready for us on sites now.

You can request this via our helpdesk at:
https://helpdesk.vpasp.com

I wont put a date on it as the development team have asked me not to for the time being as we still have customers beta testing the updated package.

They want to ensure this one is very stable before releasing.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)