Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Product view question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brian
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - September 09 2010 :  15:47:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

New to VPASP, and so far have been enjoying using it. Have run into an issue that I just can't figure out:

I have "extended product views" (xproductextdesc) set to "Yes", but it only seems to show the extended view when the search is used, not when you click on any of the items from the home page. For example on the home page, when you click a product it goes to "http://....shopping/shopquery.asp?catalogid=25" - which displays the brief discription. And using the search box, you get directed to "http://....shopping/shopexd.asp?id=25" which displays the extended product info, which is what I want. There's another small issue that the extended view has an error "Field add_question not in Database".

Anyway, my question to the forum is: Is there a way that the product links from the home page and 'featured products' links etc, can open the extended view? An odd thing is that if I have the extended view open a new window, then it does seem to work, but I don't want a new window opened. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Brian

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - September 14 2010 :  04:11:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian, it is simple, you just need to change the config "xcrosslinkurl" value to shopexd.asp instead of shopquery.asp from your configuration admin.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - September 14 2010 :  12:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Diego!! I knew it was a simple change, but I could never figure out where!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00