Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Required Fields in checkout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - September 08 2010 :  10:14:48  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have had a few orders recently where Ship To address info is incomplete or not entered at all. Is there a way I can make certain or all fields in the Ship To address section as required, like the Bill To address section is?

Edited by - chrisredco on September 08 2010 10:15:22

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - October 06 2010 :  11:27:12  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bump
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 06 2010 :  22:53:51  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,

Please try setting xshippingsetfields to Yes in the online config.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - October 07 2010 :  22:28:30  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Cam. I have a questions though. The description for xshippingsetfields says that ALL unfilled fields in the shipping form are filled in from the customer details. Does this mean that if the customer has something in a non-required field in the billing info, like address2 being and apt #, and this field is left intentionaly blank in the shipping section, then that apt # will be put there, even though it should be left blank?
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - October 11 2010 :  10:00:26  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did test using xshippingsetfields to Yes, but if someone has a billing address that involves address2 and then a different shipping address that they do type correctly, but DOESN'T involve address2, the address2 field gets copied anyway, which obviously is no good.

I need a way to set some of the shipping address fields as required, just like the billing address fields are now.
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - October 13 2010 :  00:16:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chriss, i thought it maybe need custom code, i don't think VPASP has the configs to set some shipping fields as required.
Maybe you can contact their development team.

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - October 14 2010 :  10:19:56  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Diego,

Yes , it looks like that will be the solution.

Thanks,
Chris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00