Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Supplier Login
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chuckeymonkey
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - September 02 2010 :  17:17:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have read and reread the little documentation on suppliers. I am having two issues, one of which I believe I was able to figure out by tricky asp editing.

Background- I set all the settings to what they need to be, and added a restricted used named SUPPLIER as described in the manual. I then made a copy of the login page for my supplier and renamed it like was suggested.

I, as the admin, use two passwords, but I have discovered that suppliers cannot use two passwords unless you give them your second one (which I don't want to do). This was my first problem.

I got around this by deleting my second password out of the shop$config pages and putting it in my admin login page. Then I basically deleted all references to second password on my supplier login page that I made. If there's a reason not to do this, or a better way, please let me know.

I then pretended to be a supplier and self-registered to my website, and that worked. I then logged in as the admin and verified that the self-registration worked in the control panel, and it did.

Now, if I try to login, as if I were the supplier, it says the userid/password cannot be located. If I manually go to the user control section, and make a restricted user with my suppliers username/password it works. However I don't want to have to do this for all suppliers, I want it to be automatic. That's why I went the SUPPLIER route.

So, I put it out there... the manual makes no mention of linking my suppliers with the admin SUPPLIER account. Is this supposed to be automatic? If so why isn't it working? Am I over looking something or being dumb?

Edited by - chuckeymonkey on September 02 2010 17:20:09

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 04 2010 :  05:19:00  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello there,

Yes it should be an automatic.

First, you need to create a new admin userid "SUPPLIER" from admin user management that have restricted access to certain tables/menu they can view.

Then make sure you set "xallowsupplierlogin" and "xallowsupplierregister" to Yes so that supplier can register from the Customer Service menu at the front end.

And then once they have registered with their own username and password, they are able to login to the administration from by only userid and password, they do not need to use second password.

Of course you will need to let them know your administration login page so that they can only able to login using their userid and password.

Hope this helps.

Wilson
VPASP ADMIN
Go to Top of Page

chuckeymonkey
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - September 04 2010 :  13:45:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by support

Hello there,

Yes it should be an automatic.

First, you need to create a new admin userid "SUPPLIER" from admin user management that have restricted access to certain tables/menu they can view.

Then make sure you set "xallowsupplierlogin" and "xallowsupplierregister" to Yes so that supplier can register from the Customer Service menu at the front end.

And then once they have registered with their own username and password, they are able to login to the administration from by only userid and password, they do not need to use second password.

Of course you will need to let them know your administration login page so that they can only able to login using their userid and password.

Hope this helps.

Wilson
VPASP ADMIN

I have done this and it isn't working. To Clarify.

1) I created an Admin restricted user named SUPPLIER (and since a password is required in order to make it, I randomly chose something)
2) I enabled the supplier settings in the setup (xallowsupplierlogin and "register)
3) I register my supplier (using shopsupplierregister.asp)
4) I make a copy of the login page that I would normally go to, when logging in as the admin to the control panel.
5) I use the browser and go to this new login page, and it asks for userid, password, password2 like normal.
6) I put the username and password that I supplied when registering into the first two fields and leave the 2password field blank.
7) I get an error saying the "Your userid/password cannot be located"
8) I cry
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - September 06 2010 :  00:52:22  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

May be best if you submit a ticket into our helpdesk so the support team can have a look for you.

https://helpdesk.vpasp.com

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000