Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Version 6.50.0.1 Coupons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dani Pedrosa
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - August 26 2010 :  22:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please be patient with me, this is my 1st post. I have had a VP Cart on our website for 2 years, but never really did much with it, now we want to work with it.
Its version 6.50.0.1
We are trying to add a coupons, went to xallowcoupons and put Yes, but under discounts I only have 2 options, quantity discounts & customer prices. Was that a “plug-in” or something that we need to add?
Can somone please point us in the right direction?
Thanks,
Paul

Paul Bartusch

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - August 26 2010 :  22:48:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul, you maybe need to set up /add coupons in the administration by going to Occasional Tasks > Add-Ons >
Coupons.

Enter the required fields e.g. :
CouponName
CouponAmount
CouponStartDate
CouponEndDate
etc..

And pass the coupon name for your customers to use when checkout to get discount.

I hope this will help you.

Rgards.
Diego
Go to Top of Page

Dani Pedrosa
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - August 26 2010 :  22:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diego,

Mil Gracias!

Paul Bartusch
Go to Top of Page

Dani Pedrosa
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - August 26 2010 :  23:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having difficulty setting my coupons to suit my needs.
I want the ability to set up a unique, 1 time use coupon. I thought that if I entered (1) in the couponlimit section, then it could only be used once. However, if the client buys 10 units, it’s multiplying the coupon 10 times.
Any thoughts?
In addition, since it’s a one-time-use, I want the Couponname to terminate after than one use. For example. If I call the coupon “nicedeal”, and set the couponlimit to (1), then if the client comes back to buy again 5 minutes later, I want to disallow the use of that coupon.
I hope I am making sense.
Thanks again

Thanks,

Paul Bartusch
Go to Top of Page

diegomilito
VP-CART Expert

Argentina
779 Posts

Posted - August 27 2010 :  00:48:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul, as i know, coupons can be used only once and they deduct a value from the total of the products ordered
(this doesn’t include shipping or handling fees). For example, if a customer purchases a $40 product with $10 shipping and the coupon has a value of $60, they do not pay anything for the product but have to pay the $10 shipping. They are not able to use the remaining $20 of the coupon for a future order.

I read this from user manual. Maybe you need to download the manual from vpasp.com ?

Diego.
Go to Top of Page

Dani Pedrosa
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - August 28 2010 :  01:23:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the manual, and I have read everything regarding coupons, or at least I think so.
Here’s what I’d like to do, but I am having difficulties setting it up.
I want the coupon to be used once, and for the specified amount only.
I’d like to give a specific client a coupon for $10 off, and once it’s used, that’s it, it never gets used again.
Here’s the problem I am having:
For example, if the client has a $10 off coupon, and he enters a quantity count of 5 for the item he’s purchasing, it’s applying the coupon 5 times ($50.00)
If I set the couponlimit to (1) it still applies the coupon discount multiple times on a single purchase, if the clients selects a larger than 1 quantity count when making the purchase.

Paul Bartusch
Go to Top of Page

Kessa
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - August 16 2012 :  11:59:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this thread is quite old, but I've just setup some coupons and I'm having the same issue as Paul, so I thought I'd give it a bump in case there's a solution.

It is handy to have the existing functionality (i.e if they order 10 units, then they can receive the discount on each unit) - so I wouldn't want to see this vanish - but it would also be handy to turn off this behaviour, so you can effectively cap its use as being allowed against X number of units (usually just 1) per transaction.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

osgolf
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - December 21 2013 :  04:07:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I''ve always done coupons by percentage, but I just tried for the first time to do a coupon by amount and it''s not working right. Same thing as described above. I put in a spend $25 get $5 off coupon. The problem is it''s applying that coupon to every product! Any ideas???

This version is a few years old:
const xvpaspversion = "7.01.38"
const xvpasppackage = "Plus"
const xreleasedate = "2011/11/02"
Go to Top of Page

serjtankian
VP-CART Super User

Armenia
378 Posts

Posted - January 02 2014 :  09:19:14  Show Profile  Visit serjtankian's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@osgolf

If you want to limit the use of the coupon to certain products, enter their IDs inside couponproducts, separated by commas.

#########################

I cry when angels deserve to die
Go to Top of Page

osgolf
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - January 03 2014 :  01:05:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand that, but that is not the problem. The coupon will give the $5 off to every product instead of just $5 off the total if they spend more than $25. This has nothing to do with limiting a coupon to certain products. If you had product X and it cost $10 and you order 3 of them ($30) and you use the coupon code for $5 off since you spent more than $25. You would expect the total to then be $25 ($30 - $5 = $25). Instead, the cart is taking $15 off ($30 - $5 - $5 - $5 = $15). That is the problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00