Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Customer Login
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 17 2010 :  15:28:28  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to change the option for customer login from Last Name/email address to Login Name/Password instead?

I have some customers who would prefer a password login.

Also, if this IS possible, if I convert to this, will all existing customers keep their Last Name and email as their new Login Name and Password and then be able to charge this if they choose to?

creativechaos
VP-CART New User

Australia
64 Posts

Posted - August 17 2010 :  19:07:51  Show Profile  Visit creativechaos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,

xcustomeruserid and xpassword are the two configuration settings you need to set to Yes to enable a username/password login combination.

I believe if you change these settings you will need to assign values to the existing customer's "username" and "password" fields in the customers tables. A script could be written to take the existing value from the lastname field and copy this into the username field and likewise for the email field to the password field.

Cheers,

Michael Dunkley
Creative Chaos
http://www.creativechaos.com.au
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 18 2010 :  09:07:27  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info!

Chris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00