Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Copy a Feature Set
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 05 2010 :  09:03:36  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have need to create a feature set with approximately 50+ choices within that feature. I then need to duplicate that feature (copy it) with all the choices and give the copy another name so that I can use multiples of the same feature set in the shopkitconfig.asp page.

I don't see a way in Admin to copy a feature and I don't want to have to re-type every option in the feature for every duplicate feature I have to create.

Any thoughts on how to duplicate an entire feature set?

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 06 2010 :  04:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

you're best bet would be to export the existing prodfeatures table and create an Excel file. Then you can copy and paste the features you need, changing the names where necessary and create a .csv file to upload back to your table (matching the id field). Failing that I think it's just going to be hard graft. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 09 2010 :  14:53:12  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestion. VPASP is creating a custom code file to allow copying of an entire featureset that will apply a new featureid to the copied version.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00