Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Coupon Usage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rsaggar
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - July 31 2010 :  20:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When a coupon is used, it should mark the OrderID where it was used. We are issuing one-time promotion coupons to customers and it is difficult to track which orders they were used in by looking at the coupon table.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 31 2010 :  22:23:29  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

You can actually do this from the View Orders page.Simply filter your orders using the coupon name and it will bring up all orders.

Another way of doing this is to set up an affiliate account and asociate the new afiliate acount with the coupon.

Then whenever somone purchases using the coupon it will be associated with the afliate.

You then just need to log into Affiliates and you can run reports on all sales generated using the coupon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - August 01 2010 :  19:06:42  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The cart should optimally be able to do a look-up to see if the coupon has already been used for each customer without having to do a manual look-up. Otherwise, the cart will let the same customer use the coupon more than once.

Did I miss this, or has this been enabled in Version 7?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 01 2010 :  19:17:44  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I misunderstand what was being asked here.

Coupons cannot be limited to a single use per customer currently.

You can use my method to track the usage but not to limit it.

You could achieve this with some custom code however.

Thanks

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

rsaggar
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - August 05 2010 :  07:29:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think coupon can be limited for single usage by puting 1 as couponlimit, but when it is used, system should also put in coupon table the "OrderId" where it was used. That way, when customer has a question about the coupon being used or not, we can simply check in coupon table which order it was used.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00