Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Lightweight Products Aren''t Having Weights Added
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kendiala
VP-CART New User

57 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  14:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my clients has all these products that weigh under a pound. I was having a problem with UPS Real-Time not giving any prices, and support told me it was because UPS requires a weight of at least one pound.

Okay, that makes sense, but ere's the problem: VP-ASP appears to not be adding my product weights together at all. If I put 10 products each weighing .35 pounds into my shopping cart, that should give me an order weighing 3.5 pounds. However, I'm still not getting any UPS prices, whether I try to order one product or a hundred.

If I edit a product weight to 1 and then order it, the UPS rates work fine.

So is VP-ASP rounding my products weighing .35 down to 0 and not adding them up? Or what else could be happening here?

TIA

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  17:16:52  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have many light items on my site, www.redco.com. small weights are passing to UPS and FEDEX OK. It was a battle to get USPS to work, but does now. Is your site accessible to the outside to look at?

It seems that anything less than 1 is being brought to zero, but it shouldn't as I think this worked out of the box fine for me with weights less than 1 in the "weight" field talking to UPS and FEDEX.
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  06:19:19  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you checked out http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/shoptocdetail.asp?id=37 ?

If that doesn't solve your issue, there is a rounding feature in the cart in the checkout process. I would submit a support ticket, as that is a bug if you have several items and it isn't adding them together.

I went with the shipping calculator mod from http://www.hkprog.com/vpasp/shipping.htm and found it wonderfully helpful, as we ship all over the world, offer free shipping as an OPTION with upgrading to other methods allowed, and some people prefer UPS tracking to USPS.

Hope that helps!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00