Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 free shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  18:10:33  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have items on my site that are free shipping and the only other option is expedited by weight range. When a customer orders a free shipping item the checkout page automatically displays Expedited shipping and this should not happen. I have tried to set xshippingdatabaserecords to no but this messes up the shipping charges on items that are not free shipping. I tried xshippingselection to no but the dropdown box still appears. Also when an item is free shipping it should say free shipping.... any help for this.
There is also mention in the manual "Display a message that says shipping will be added later" But there is nowhere in the manual explaining how to set this.
Thank you

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  06:27:14  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We struggled with a lot of different scenarios. We offer free shipping on US orders of $100 or more, but we wanted people to have the option to upgrade to UPS or USPS at their cost.

VPASP defaults to showing the Free Shipping on every order, even though we had it marked to shipping by country (United States) and the pricerange (99 to 99999) for $0.001.

We finally ended up going with the shipping calculator mod from http://www.hkprog.com/vpasp/shipping.htm and found it wonderfully helpful for both me (saving time) and the customers (displays all real time rates together).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00