Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Free shipping orders won''t process
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iscott
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  10:27:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our site has both items that require shipping and items that don't. We've set up USPS shipping for the Selection dropdown. It works just fine unless the shopping cart has only free shipping items. Then the dropdown only shows "Select" and you can't proceed because it keeps saying to select a shipping method. If found some settings that "turn off" the dropdown box, but then all the orders can bypass the shipping options, even when the cart has items that require shipping.

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  16:22:33  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Scott
you've probably done this but i had the same problem although i had it set to yes it somehow cured itself.
For the free shipping to work, you need to make sure xshippingfreeproducts is set to YES
Go to Top of Page

iscott
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  10:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I have that set to yes, as well as the free shipping setting in the products themselves, but it still says. "Please select a shipping method" when I've got only free shipping items in the cart.
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  12:13:21  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Scott
For the item to skip the shipping selection on the check out page set the item in question to download in the product setup and it will skip the shipping selection drop down. I had the same issue myself at www.mysurplus.ca

Wil
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  06:31:11  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have posted this a few times on other posts, but it was the best money I ever spent, I gotta tell you!

I went with the shipping calculator mod from http://www.hkprog.com/vpasp/shipping.htm and found it wonderfully helpful, as we ship all over the world, offer free shipping as an OPTION for US only on orders of $99 or more, with upgrading to other methods allowed -- some people want to pay for UPS for tracking, some people want Express Mail, etc. and it helps a lot.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00