Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Accounting section for VPASP7
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  15:31:44  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there any available add-on or section of VPASP7 to allow for internal use as an accounting part of a business program? I am running VPASP7 online and would like an internal part of the software that is connected to my online site that will allow for things like General Ledger Accounting, Order Entry, Inventory, etc. It is something I would want to be able to run in an office for the Sales staff and accounting dept that would relate to the online store.

Hope I'm making sense. Essentially an accounting/internal use module that is able to communicate with the website store in order to not have a whole other system in house to run basic accounting and order entry functions

Doug Page
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  18:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Using Bing with "vpasp accounting" came up with solutions. Try a search.

Edited by - Doug Page on May 04 2010 18:16:59
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  10:55:17  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, tried that and saw some options, but nothing seems to be all inclusive. Either you have a system that integrates with VPASP and will download order/customer/inventory info, but can't handle ANY accounting (they require you to also use Quickbooks, which means now you are using 3 different softwares for 1 store), or they can export VPASP to Quickbooks, but not allow any manual order entry, etc.

Still looking for a stand-alone system that will allow manual order entry/Purchasing/Shipping that will integrate with an online VPASP store and allow us to do Accounting practices (Accounts Payable/Receivable/General Legder) in one system. Doesn't seem to be out there.

Edited by - chrisredco on May 05 2010 10:56:06
Go to Top of Page

Doug Page
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  12:43:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that the problem is that accounting practices are different all over the world. So why would a company specializing in ecommerce software want to get into those problems. I have seen many "all inclusive packages" that are basically accounting software that has had an ecommerce module added. I would rather stick with the flexilbility of VPASP.
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  12:51:05  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I suppose so, but it seems like there might be a market for an accounting program that can link with VPASP so that order/Inventory, etc can easily be imported directly on a daily basis so you don't have to go through constant export/import functions. Ah well, so be it.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  01:51:44  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,

We are actually in the process of expanding the integration to T-HUB to allow complete QuickBooks compatibility.

When we get this completed I will post it in my new Blog and here.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  21:50:38  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cam. I look forward to the post.
Go to Top of Page

dreamcatchers
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - June 21 2010 :  19:00:11  Show Profile  Visit dreamcatchers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks CAM I would be very interested in this as well.

Ramon Smitherman
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - June 22 2010 :  01:14:42  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone

We are looking for a couple of beta testers to the updated T-Hub module.

If you are interested please get in touch through our helpdesk at:

https://helpdesk.vpasp.com

You will need to have an account with T-Hub and also use QuickBooks.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

Data0999
Starting Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - December 15 2011 :  11:53:36  Show Profile  Visit Data0999's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mind if I ask how this program worked with integrating VPASP into Quickbooks?

thanks,
Dave Layton
Go to Top of Page

dreamcatchers
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - December 15 2011 :  16:18:32  Show Profile  Visit dreamcatchers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I never followed through with the integration. Played with a trial version but it appeared too awkward and more trouble than our volume of sales.

quote:
Originally posted by dreamcatchers

Thanks CAM I would be very interested in this as well.

Ramon Smitherman

Ramon Smitherman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00