Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Flash Anywhere?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chuckeymonkey
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - April 26 2010 :  17:20:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is is possible to put flash anywhere on the site that would normally take an image, ie logo header, or product image. I tried putting my animated logo in the logo spot in the layout manager, but it didnt work. I triple cecked all of the normal culprits like permissions, directory location, etc. In the layout manager, where you type in the directory and file name, theres a button to view the object you typed in. Clicking this brings up a browser page, with my working flash file. When I save my ettings and go to the site, there is a red x where the flash should be. Any suggestions, or is this not possible with the default settings?

standout
VP-CART New User

Canada
70 Posts

Posted - August 13 2010 :  10:37:14  Show Profile  Visit standout's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Day. I have the same question. Did you receive any help or figure out the issue using an animated logo?
Go to Top of Page

riprod
VP-CART New User

USA
85 Posts

Posted - August 21 2010 :  06:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not sure but I suggest moving everything away from flash because it doesn't work on iPads, iPhones and lots of other devices. No point in cutting off 1/2 your audience and you can do just about all the same things in Javascript or HTML5. Check out dynamicdrive.com for a collections of free scripts that do most of the stuff I used to do in Flash.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00