Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 V7 Layout Manager & Multiple Stores
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jtoce
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - April 20 2010 :  19:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm currently trying to use VPASP to run 3 different stores on one database, that share certain products and categories. I've configured productmatch for all of my products & categories. I'm having a problem though now that I'm trying to configure the look and feel of my 3 sites. When using Layout Manager for Site1, if I for example, set the site logo, then it's updated for all 3 sites.

I have a guess why this happens- Layout Manager stores everything to the table containerbox. And while I have 3 config tables (1 for each site), there is only 1 containerbox table.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to make this work? Do I need to skip layout manager and instead configure everything manually in the CSS files?

Thanks!

PS- I'm also having a problem with making categories work, when I want 2 out of 3 sites. (1 site and all sites work.)

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 22 2010 :  21:13:34  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

The upcoming Service Pac 1 for VPASP 7.0 will address the issue of multiple sites and the LayOut Manager.

We will be sending out a newsletter as soon as it is ready for download.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jtoce
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - April 23 2010 :  00:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So in the meantime...
1) When will V7 SP1 be released (ETA)?
2) Is manually editing the CSS sheets the best work-around in the short term?
3) Do categories work with productmatch for multiple (but not all) sites?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 03 2010 :  06:32:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

Well, this is the slowest response to a post ever I am sure.

Anyway, we have finally released the VP-ASP Update Pac for Version 7.0.

You can download from:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/vpasp700sp.asp

We have a list of features and enhancements at:
http://www.vpasp.com/sales/vpasp700sp-features.htm

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page

FolkDude
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - November 13 2011 :  14:27:49  Show Profile  Visit FolkDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, the service pac says it should NOT be installed if your version was released after October 6, 2010. I purchased Version 7 almost a year later (September 20, 2011), so I'm assuming that I don't need to install the service pac.

However, I've just created a new store (by following the instructions in the Version 7.01 User Guide). To my surprise, I found that the new store appeared to have NO layout defined -- so I clicked the "New Store" button in Layout Manager, and tried to create a new layout.

The results were bizarre. Within Layout Manager, my changes didn't seem to "stick" -- when I came back to look at the new layout, it was gone. Now I'm looking at the containerbox table (there's still only one such table, I see, but there's a "storematch" field that looks like it should keep the layouts separate), and I can see the layout records I've created for the new store. But the new store still acts as if there's no layout defined (it shows a navigation bar, and nothing else).

Am I missing something, or is there still a problem with Layout Manager when using multiple stores? Or is there a simple way to copy the layout from store 1 into store 2? I want them to be the same layout anyway.

FolkDude Creative Services - www.folkdude.com
Go to Top of Page

FolkDude
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - November 17 2011 :  12:34:52  Show Profile  Visit FolkDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Boy, is my face red ... it turns out that the problems I was experiencing with Layout Manager were mostly the result of a typographical error on my part. I mistyped the shop ID for the second store, so essentially, I was creating a layout for a store that didn't exist. That's why my layout kept disappearing. My bad.

However, I also discovered one very important detail that the User Manual failed to mention:

Quoting Wilson Keneshiro from VP-ASP Support:

I saw that you have put the second site into same domain, just with different sub folder. I would suggest you to put the second site into sub domain rather than into sub folder. The reason is that with your both site put into same domain, the session in both site will be mixed together and you will seem to have a lot of session issue later.

I'll be moving my second store into its own subdomain now. If you're thinking of setting up multiple stores, don't put them into separate folders within the same domain.

FolkDude Creative Services - www.folkdude.com
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 25 2011 :  23:19:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello there,

We will add this into our user manual soon :)

Thank you.

Wilson Keneshiro
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)