Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 different code for feature???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spraypal
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - April 15 2010 :  05:38:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello guyz

I've a product with different features. Is it possible to add a different code to each feature??
For example:
i've a t-shirt code ab100x
blue one code ab1001
red one ab1002
black one ab1002

is it possible?
thank you a lot guyz

spinobject
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - April 18 2010 :  12:28:46  Show Profile  Visit spinobject's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm kinda' new here.. .but is seems like the manual covers that at 21.7 Generating an SKU when using product features

Some people like to associate a product code with their products in order to uniquely identify each product. When using product features however, regardless of what feature is selected, the product code remains the same. For this reason there is a featured called xgeneratesku.
To use this feature set your configuration option.
Xgeneratesku
Setting this to Yes generates an SKU based on the product code and any codes defined in the featureother field. This SKU is displayed along with the product name when added to the cart.
Once you have set the above configuration option, when a product with a feature is selected, the ccode field of the products table, and the featureother field of the prodfeatures table is combined to create a unique product code for this product and the feature chosen.

For example, in your product record for Apples, the ccode is #8213;apple#8214;.
You may then have features associated with the apple product which are #8213;Red#8214; and #8213;Green#8214;.
featureother for Red may be #8213; – Red#8214; and featureother for Green may be #8213; – Green#8214;.
When a customer selects an apple with the feature red, the generated SKU would be:
Sku: apple-Red If an apple was chosen with a green feature the generated SKU would be:
Sku: apple-Green

Is that what you were after??
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00