Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Different templates for different pages problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeach
Starting Member

USA
40 Posts

Posted - April 12 2010 :  12:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was told that someone had tried or done this already and the info was in the forums but no matter what I search for I can't seem to find it, so here goes.

We're using a template purchased from VPASP for our new store using VPASP v7, it's a 3 column template. We have some diagrams that have the products we sell broken out so you can see where each product goes, but the diagrams are too wide to fit in the 3 column template if we use the content manager.

How do we specify a 2 column template for just certain content pages while the rest of the site uses the 3 column templates?

Looking at the content manager it shows tmp_content.htm as the default content template, but looking at the code for tmp_content.htm shows very little and is not the full template but is only 5 or 6 lines of code.

creativechaos
VP-CART New User

Australia
64 Posts

Posted - April 20 2010 :  06:59:28  Show Profile  Visit creativechaos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,

You will need to make some changes to the files used for your template.

I have previously written a post on this here - http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13117

You will need to create a new shoppage_header and shoppage_trailer file along with new css styles for your different layout and then modify shopheaders.asp as per that post above to specify which page the new layout should apply to.

We have coded this up for a number of clients and it works well. If you would like to have us code this up for you feel free to get in touch.

Cheers,

Michael Dunkley
Creative Chaos
http://www.creativechaos.com.au
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00