Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 How to Migrate to VPASP 7 from VPASP 6.5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kamal_18984
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - April 09 2010 :  06:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I have more thaan 3 sites which are currently using VPASP 6.5 and now i want to migrate all of them to VPASP 7 so how it will be possible can i have the guidelines how to do the migration. Also is there any discprenencies involved in the migration which will hamper and make the website down so do let me know that too.

Waiting for the reply soon.

Thanks
Kamal

Rudi
VP-CART New User

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - April 09 2010 :  19:49:04  Show Profile  Visit Rudi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mate have a look at

Upgrade guide:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/upgrade.pdf

Update the header and footer fro 6.50 - 7.00 guide

http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/shopexd.asp?id=961#961

The upgrade from 6.5 to seven is so easy with the new wizards - thats if your site isnt heavily modified, what i recommend is coping an exsiting site to a new location on your computer and just have a go in a test environment!

Your coming in at a good time the VPASP guys have ironed out most of the bugs and it seems to be humming along really nicely!

Well worth the effort you wont be disappointed!
Go to Top of Page

kamal_18984
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - April 13 2010 :  07:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I have upgraded my 3 sites to VPASP 7 but all of them crashed.

I want to ask whether we can upgrade only one site to VPASP 7 and leave other two sites running on VPASP 6.5 will it be possible to do the migration of one site to VPASP 7. Do reply me regarding this and also the procedure to leave other sites running on VPASP 6.5

Thanks
Kamal
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 13 2010 :  21:53:11  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Kamal,

When you say crashed what actually happened?

Are all sites running off the one database?

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00