Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 News Links in Left Column showing "No News"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chuckeymonkey
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - April 08 2010 :  09:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted a small box on the left hand side of my site that gives the viewer website updates. I am accomplishing this through the News Module. I am using VPASP 7, and the two-column templates. By default the "News Links" shows up in the main content area, aka the right column. This is working fine.

In the layout manager, if I remove the "News Links" from the right (main content) column, and place it in the the left (navigation) column, I get an error. The titlebar shows up and says ">>News" which is fine, but in the area below, where the news should be, it says "No News".

Ideas? The site as far as coding is pretty much default, I just added content through the admin page; so I dont think I screwed anything up. I think its more of a bug. Thoughts, ideas?

Edited by - chuckeymonkey on April 08 2010 09:07:08

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 08 2010 :  09:34:08  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

If possible could you please post a ticket in our helpdesk and our development guys will have a look for you.

https://helpdesk.vpasp.com

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

chuckeymonkey
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - April 08 2010 :  20:30:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For all that are curious, support sent me this message, and it worked!

To rectify this issue, could you please ensure that "Show on box" field is set to Yes for all news records. Enabling the above option would make your news shown in the menu navigation in your front site. Thank you.

Regards,
Angelo Riskinanto
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00