Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 New MasterCard and Discover Processing Requirement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - April 01 2010 :  08:39:44  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I received an email from Authorize.net regarding some new rules coming from MC and Discover, mandatory for US merchants only at this time.

Basically it looks like our shopping carts will have to display more information with the credit transactions. Deadline to implement is June 30, 2011 if you are using Authorize.net. Looks like the regular deadline is much closer, April and May of 2010 if you are not using Authorize.net.

Full FAQ http://www.authorize.net/support/pafaqs/

1. Balance response transactions — For prepaid and gift cards, once the card has been used, the remaining account balance will be transmitted along with the authorization response. The remaining balance must be printed on the customer receipt, displayed on the Web page or point-of-sale terminal, or both.

2. Partial authorization transactions — When a customer's transaction amount exceeds the balance available on their debit, prepaid or gift card, instead of declining the transaction, a partial authorization for the amount available to the customer will be returned. This will allow the customer to pay for the remaining amount with another form of payment. This is called a split-tender transaction.

3. Authorization reversals — An authorization reversal is a real-time transaction initiated when the customer decides that they do not want to proceed with the transaction, or if the merchant cannot complete the transaction for any reason. Authorization reversals free up the customer's available balance on their debit, prepaid or gift card.

I think #1 and #2 are the ones we have to worry about for eCommerce. And I agree these are probably rare, but we still need to update our software, right?

Does this fall completely on Authorize.net's gateway software or does VP-ASP have to update their end-of-order page?

Regards,
Eric Lammers
www.KrackMedia.com
Building More Than Web Sites . . . Building a Web Presence

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 01 2010 :  10:14:18  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

This is certainly a very interesting changes. It seems to only affect debit , gift and prepaid card for now.

Our gateway files will need to be updated while Authorize.Net will also need to update their system to support partial authorization. From what I can see on the full FAQ page, Authorize.Net are still working on updating their system to fully support this requirement.

We will certainly update our Authorize.Net gateway file in the upcoming months to comply with this requirements

Thank you.

Regards,
Frank
VP-ASP
Go to Top of Page

bardentech
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - April 06 2010 :  18:07:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received the same email. There's not much time to get this resolved for VPASP. I have two companies, one running authorize.net and the other running paypal website payments pro. Do you have a timeline as to when these will be addressed?
Go to Top of Page

lynch
VP-CART New User

USA
74 Posts

Posted - April 07 2010 :  15:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any chance that updates would be made available for older versions of VP-ASP as well?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 08 2010 :  10:09:44  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From reading the Authnet notification you actually have until June 30, 2011 before this comes into play.

We do have it on our list of updates to push out the door though.

We will be updating the version 650 Authnet module as well.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

dagoncillo
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - April 27 2011 :  12:20:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I searched the forums and I can't find a recent update about this topic.

I just want to check whether this is still happening (deadline is June 30, 2011) and if still need to make any adjustments to my shopping cart?

Thanks,
Don
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 27 2011 :  23:45:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Don,

Due to I would imagine some serious pushing back from merchants they have dropped their requirements for this so you can ignore.

Thank you.

Cam Flanigan
VP-ASP Cart Support

Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/vpasp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)