Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 7.0 Questions
 Customer group pricing query
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thomasBaine
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - March 23 2010 :  05:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had experience with customer group pricing?

I have two groups, one dynamic (A) and the other static (B). I have listed prices for B in pother1.

My test shopper, Sam, has been allocated to group B. According to the manual (p225), when Sam logs in, he should see the prices stored pother1 for each product - but he doesn't. Instead, he sees the price for group A people (stored in 'cprice') throughout the site (in shopdisplayproducts.asp, shopaddtocart.asp, and shopcreateorder.asp).

I have turned xCustomerGroupDynamicAutoAssign to No so that it doesn't update/add another group to Sam's records (in customergroups) - and have checked/re-checked that table to be sure that Sam's customerID and group B's groupID are present.

Can anyone steer me in the correct direction to solve my problem.

Thanks/Bruce

thomasBaine
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - March 24 2010 :  15:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found a solution:

1. Turn on Xcustomerprices (missed that bit in the manual!)
2. In shopcustomerprices.asp, comment out newprice=ioprice at about line 31. The preceding sub (CustomerPricesInRecord) returns the correct price for group B, but then line 31 overwrites it with the original price.

Cheers/Bruce
Go to Top of Page

Ronnie
VP-CART New User

Australia
52 Posts

Posted - April 19 2010 :  04:03:27  Show Profile  Visit Ronnie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice work !!

It's amazing that we don't get a list of known bugs emailed to us - we're doing VPASP sites all the time and it's would be a great saver of time.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - April 19 2010 :  08:23:45  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ronnie an Thomas

Thanks for posting!

We have a list of fixes for known bugs at:
http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/shopexd.asp?id=958#958

We will be replacing this shortly though with the VPASP 7.0 Service Pac 1 which will have all known bugs covered plus we have a number of enhancements included based on customer feedback.

We are also trying out Twitter as a medium for posting updates but we are pretty inexperienced at this though.

Our Twitter name is VPASP

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00