Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Can''t get Email on Win Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dvalerian
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - March 22 2010 :  18:33:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I can't seem to get VPASP 7.0 email working on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) working. JMAIL, CDONTS don't work on 64-bit, and CDOSYS works but only with workaround where you add the folder as a 32-bit application (seems to defeat the whole purpose of our 64-bit server). We tried the new 64-bit version of ASPMail, but I can't seem to get that working either, and it doesn't have any documentation.

Has anyone had success getting email working on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)?

I was debating trying to write something custom using IIS 7's System.Net.Mail (which I have no idea why they replaced CDOSYS with it), but coding something like that is a pandora's box I don't feel like opening just yet.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Dan

webshaun
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - March 23 2010 :  15:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't get it working with ASPEMAIL 32bit anymore. I don't think this problem has anything to do with 32 vs 64 bit. I think this is yet another VPASP bug.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 23 2010 :  20:13:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Shaun,

We have tested your site and received emails.

For Dan, For 64 bit you need to use the 32 bit application pool in IIS rather than 64 bit. This is what we have found on the Microsoft site.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

dvalerian
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - March 25 2010 :  08:44:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will converting the site to the 32-bit application pool disable the fix we have put in to make it work on the 64-bit server?
Go to Top of Page

THeVerve
VP-CART New User

117 Posts

Posted - March 25 2010 :  09:13:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I followed the guide below and can get cdosys to work on one of my client's 64 bit server.

http://www.fordwebs.com/cdosys.cfm

I didn't go through the dll regsitration part though but your result may vary.

i dont think vpasp was designed with 64 bit in mind so running vpasp or any 32bit application on a 64bit server will not provide you with any extra performances.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00