Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 State as a Text Box?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - March 12 2010 :  12:00:07  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to change the State in the cart to a text box instead of a drop down? We ship everywhere except Nigeria and are getting complaints that states are not listed.

Thanks.

creativechaos
VP-CART New User

Australia
64 Posts

Posted - March 15 2010 :  21:52:24  Show Profile  Visit creativechaos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Try setting xPromptForState to "YES" and xIncludeStates to "NO" in your admin configuration settings.

This should change the dropdown to a free text field.

Be a little wary with this however if you use realtime shipping calculators as they often require a specific state code to be passed through to them and offering customers the ability to enter any text will result in many variations of the state name being passed through.

Cheers,

Michael Dunkley
Creative Chaos
http://www.creativechaos.com.au
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - March 18 2010 :  11:44:38  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I would have never found that. Unfortunately, we ship all over the world and it makes quite a drop down for the states. I changed it and we will see. I do video monitoring of the site and if it causes an issue I will change it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00