Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 sorry, beginner here! email query.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chris543
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - March 09 2010 :  11:41:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I aquired a site running asp 6.50 (having advised the seller that I was a beginner) but was informed should be no problems. Since then big problems (to me) and things not what was understood to be the case when the site was obtained. Do not now appear to be on good terms with the seller/web host. I need to change the email address(s) that receive emails/queries from customers who email the site. Are these addresses stored in the site (config. tables, e.g.?) I have not been able to find anything, and do not understand some of what I have read..!..or are they nothing to do with the site and set by website host?
Cheers...Chris.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 09 2010 :  12:11:47  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Login to vpasp admin, go to the setup tab, then click on "Merchant Details" - the email address/system can be changed there.

Just overtype the existing values in that form/screen and press continue to save the changes.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
www.BigYellowKey.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bigyellowzone
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 09 2010 12:12:39
Go to Top of Page

chris543
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - March 10 2010 :  04:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Simon..(and anyone else.)
Thanks for coming back.
All email settings appear to point to "sales@(the URL of the website concerned")....i.e. not my email address, or the one I need to remove..
I am assuming that the guy who set all this up has configured the "sales@" addess to forward everything on.
I guess it is back to the host/designer?
Many thanks for your time, etc.
Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - March 10 2010 :  07:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi chris,

it's possible that the emails are being sent to other addresses apart from the sales@whoever

Go into Admin and click Cart Set Up. Enter xemaillist into the search field and check whether there are extra email addresses in there.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00