Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 6.50 Own shipping module/ method
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dutch_guy
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - February 22 2010 :  16:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm struggling with the shipping module.

I want to be able to just select a country and that the shippingcosts are automatically updated.

I now have added the select a shipping method dropdownbox, but I don't want the customers to have to choose this manually.

I want them to only select a country.

I know my way around with ASP, so if someone can tell me where I would have to start to add this code, please let me know.

I read in some posts that you could use the UPS/ FEDEX add-on as an example, but unfortunately I can't download it anymore.

Is there a way to download it ?

Also I believe that with the current shipping module in VP-ASP it is not possible to use it in a multi-webshop environment.

We have 2 webshops sharing one database. Both webshops need to have different shipping methods.

If I know where to code this I can fix this.

Rudi
VP-CART New User

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - February 23 2010 :  01:11:10  Show Profile  Visit Rudi's Homepage  Reply with Quote

In regards to your first question - that is a custom mod - when i was running 6.5 I had the VPASP guys customise this for me, it can be done and it didnt cost that much! I am about to embark on the same thing for v7, although i am thinking about using the australia post module instead.

As i am a complete asp novice cant help on coding, but i think the files you need to look at are:

- shopcountries.asp
- shopcustomer.asp
- shopcustomerform.asp

second point, im sure if you log a ticket on the helpdesk they would email you the ups fedex add on... just ask nicely ;)

third question on multi shop with different shipping, I dont think its possible in 6.5 out of the box - v7 its a yes.
Hopefully somoene will correct me if im wrong or add further input...

Cheers,
Rudi
Go to Top of Page

Dutch_guy
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - February 23 2010 :  05:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All shipping calculations are done in the file shopshippingcalc.asp

I just need to figure out how to do my own shipping method there. Just some guidelines.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00