Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Struggling with shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

doble_motorcycles
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - February 05 2010 :  09:37:25  Show Profile  Visit doble_motorcycles's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get the shipping set up as I wish, and I'm hoping to get some advice.

Our shipping policy is: Free Shipping within the UK for orders over £100, and £8.95 for orders under £100. Orders outside of the UK are subject to a £30 shipping fee.

Set up Shipping (pricerange)

ID Shipping Method Base price Extra Cost Min Cost Max Cost Country

1 Standard (Within UK) 8.95 0 100 UK

2 Standard (Outside UK) 30 other

I figured setting up the "other" option would mean that whenever anyone selected anything other than the UK that this record would be used but it doesn't seem to act that way

I have tried almost every setting I can think of but haven't managed to achieve what I am aiming for.

I can specify that orders over £100 are shipping free, but I want it ONLY if within the UK.

When I select a shipping location on the form, the page does some ajax magic to recreate the dropdown list of the available shipping options, but regardless of what I choose I end up with both options.

If I select Standard(Within the UK) but set the country to something other than the UK i end up with no shipping at all on the order.

So to recap, since I have probably been rambling:

If UK the only delivery option that should be available is Standard (within the UK), which is £8.95 or free if order value is over £100.
If outside of the UK the only delivery option available should be Standard (outside of UK), which is £30 regardless of order size.

Please can I get some assistance to get this set up

Many thanks

Also, perhaps I'm pushing my luck, but I don't like the extra step where a customer has to enter the delivery details for each item. Is it possible to remove this, so that they just specify a delivery address on the order form?

Rudi
VP-CART New User

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - February 05 2010 :  17:08:38  Show Profile  Visit Rudi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did something similar in ver6.5 - i got vpasp to do a custom code for me because the cart didnt handle it.

I think you are using v7 - which i am too now and i havent addressed this issue since upgrading - probably a good idea to flick a helpdesk ticket to support and ask the question - its possible it might support this type of method out of the box.

Rudi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00